Happy Tradie’s timber flooring Brisbane is a well-known manufacturer of timber flooring in Brisbane. We have a wide variety of timber flooring at our disposal that is available at competitive prices.
Happy Tradie’s timber flooring Brisbane has the following two options for its installation.
- Nail Down Installation
- Floating Installation
Nail Down Installation
- First we make sure the following job site conditions are available
- The subfloor or base floor is completely dry
- The room space is dried before the installation
- The humidity level of the interior should be average
- The wet work such as painting, masonry and plastering should be dried out
- The ventilation system of the room should be kept well
- The doors and windows of the place should be enclosed and the drainage system needs to be insulated.
- Steps for solid flooring installation
- Firstly, we will place underlying foam on to the subflooring. This foam will act as an anti-dampness and waterproofing agent.
- Secondly, we will fix the wood beam onto the concrete
- We will then place the timber wood boards onto the wood beams. We will use a nail machine pneumatic gun for fixing the wooden boards. We do not use glue for the wooden boards because we aim to protect the environment.
- Next our workers will then fill the gaps left by the wooden boards by placing wooden skirting boards around the walls
- Finally we will clean off any foot prints, stains or debris left behind on the boards.
Floating Floor Installation
- We keep the wooden floor boards in a longitudinal direction so that the stability of the floor board is maintained. If there is more than one big room where a floating floor needs to be placed, we prepare a transition profile for the aisles.
- We will first of all clean the subfloor and make certain that it is smooth enough to place a moisture barrier. Then we place the floating boards on the moisture barriers.
- We will use wedges for fixing the first row of the board that is near the walls for ensuring there is a sufficient gap. The first row will be used as a starting point for the second row and so on.